Rockville Centre Intellectual Property
Trademark Registration and Protecting Your Business – Our attorneys are experienced with the nuances of all phases of trademark registration, including:
- Conducting detailed initial searches of the trademark register and interpreting and explaining search results to our clients;
- Determining the appropriate class or classes within the mark should be filed based on our clients’ current business, as well as future aspirations and opportunities for expansion;
- Submitting conforming specimens to the USPTO;
- Responding USPTO office action letters.
Rights Management – We strive to ensure our client’s receive the full benefit of their rights in trademark. Our attorneys develop client-specific plans for managing trademark portfolios and alleviate the confusion typically associated with long-term rights management by tracking relevant deadlines, documenting continued uses of the mark, monitoring for trademark infringement and devising strategies for effective rights enforcement.
Copyright Registration – From the outset of a creative endeavor, we advise our clients of the invaluable benefits of securing a copyright registration, including the availability of statutory damages and attorneys’ fees in the event of infringement by a third party. Our attorneys are experienced with the registration of a wide variety of creative works with the U.S. copyright office, providing our clients with the tools necessary to secure copyright protection and reap the benefits of their talents and creations. We understand artists’ needs, and create templates and solutions for administering bulk registrations of catalogues of works—expediting the registration process and reducing unnecessary government costs and filing fees.
Rights Management – In the case of multiple authors, strongly advise that our clients enter into agreements delineating copyright ownership and avoid costly litigation down the road. We provide breakdowns and interpretations of existing contractual obligations that cut out the legalese and simply make sense. We also advise concerning the use of third party content, risk of infringement and best practices for ensuring fair use.
Intellectual Property Litigation – We vigorously defend our clients’ intellectual property rights by drafting powerful demand letters, cease and desist notices and DMCA requests. We devise thoughtful, cutting edge strategies unique to each litigation that best suit our clients’ goals, needs and budget. For more about our litigation practice, click here.
Licensing and Intellectual Property Transactions – Many of our clients’ livelihood depend on a developing a scheme of exploiting their intellectual property right. In this vein, we assist our clients with the licensing of their copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property transactions, aiming for sustainable profits and increased visibility within the relevant field or industry. Moreover, when our clients are engaged in a transaction involving their valuable intellectual property rights, we provide the advice and guidance necessary to ensure they receive exactly what they bargained for. Representative intellectual property transactions include:
- Trademark and copyright licensing agreements;
- Distribution agreements for various content, such as film, television programming and music, through both traditional channels and new media such as streaming and VOD services;
- Work for hire agreements, split sheets and recording agreements;
- Statements of work and design contracts;
- Assignments of all or part of an interest in intellectual property;
- Management, loan-out and other entertainment industry agreements.